Remember when you were in grade school and you never did anything worthwhile during the week before vacation? It was all about watching videos and holiday themed activities as both teachers and students mentally started vacation a few days early. Well, I guess the same thing happens to our government, because in a landslide win, the House of Representatives passed a bill saying they like Christmas and Christianity!
Now, therefore, be it resolved that the House of Representatives
(1) recognizes the Christian faith as one of the great religions of the world;
(2) expresses continued support for Christians in the United States and worldwide;
(3) acknowledges the international religious and historical importance of Christmas and the Christian faith;
(4) acknowledges and supports the role played by Christians and Christianity in the founding of the United States and in the formation of the western civilization;
(5) rejects bigotry and persecution directed against Christians, both in the United States and worldwide; and
(6) expresses its deepest respect to American Christians and Christians throughout the world.
Good thing this passed, I was getting worried we weren’t recognizing the importance of Christianity hard enough in this country. Never let it be said that this Congress wasted its time. Fuck you, Jews!
Recognizing the Importance of Christmas and the Christian Faith – [GovTrack.us]